8 oz. Beef Tallow
Our grass-fed, grass-finished beef fat, commonly known as beef tallow, comes from the very same Marin Sun Farms beef that goes into our signature beef bone broth. Slow rendered and pure white, its high smoke-point and slight meaty flavor makes it the perfect frying fat. It’s also great for searing steaks, using in braises, or adding that special umami flavor to your next soup or stew.
Customers have long known that a secret bonus to Broth Baby bone broths is the beautiful fat cap that adorns each jar Well now you can buy just the fat! We believe in whole animal utilization and understand how important clean animal fats are in a whole-foods based diet. Animal-based cooking fats have loads of benefits:
- They provide long lasting energy for the body, especially the brain which relies heavily on quality fat for proper function
- They have a high smoke point, making them perfect for high-heat cooking
- Our bodies can more easily digest animal-based fats than highly processed vegetable and seed oils
- Most vitamins and minerals in our food are fat-soluble, so consuming them with a healthy fat makes those nutrients more bioavailable to your body
- They last practically forever in the fridge (though we recommend using within 6 months)!
Ingredients: grass-fed, grass-finished beef tallow